Texas Chapter of the National Association for Multicultural Education (TXNAME)
Advancing and Advocating for Social Justice and Social Equity Through Multicultural Education
The Texas Chapter of the National Association for Multicultural Education (TXNAME) is a state-affiliated chapter in Region 5 of the National Association for Multicultural Education (NAME).
TXNAME affirms and advances the mission, goals, and objectives of NAME. Therefore, TXNAME and NAME recognize siz points of consensus regarding multicultural education:
1) To respect and appreciate cultural diversity;
2) To promote the understanding of unique cultural and ethnic heritage;
3) To promote the development of culturally sustaining curricula;
4) To facilitate the acquisition of the attitudes, skills, and knowledge to function in various cultures;
5) To eradicate racism, discrimination, and oppression in society; and
6) To achieve social, political, economic, and educational equity.